So as you may have read, but probably not, because do people actually read this(??), that I am an active participant in my Kansas City Corporate Challenge. Being a newbie to KCCC, I signed up for way too many events. More than my little heart could handle.
I do most of my thinking while I brush my teeth, which explains why I do a lot of things without thinking
One event that I signed up for was the TRIATHLON. Which, admittedly was an accident. I was trying to sign up for the team Tri, and do the running leg-but I unintentionally slated myself for the individual event. Sure, I could bail-but that ain't my style. So I decided, heck might as well train. It's just unfortunate, that I only realized my mistake about two weeks ago and the triathlon is June 12th. Not a lot of time, but I can work with it.
Here are my hurdles:
1. I don't REALLY know how to ride a bike. The last time I really rode was for a bike ride for my Mom's birthday, and I ended up walking the bicycle 6 miles. The time before that, I was on training wheels and I managed to fall off of that. When I went inside to get a band aid, some jerkface stole it-and I never got a new one. When lived in Honduras, we rode bikes all the time-but I rocked the handlebars and pegs.
2. The last time I REALLY swam was when I was like 13, and took swim lessons. It's not that I am a bad swimmer, I just never took to the lap lane because not being able to breathe freely kinda makes me panic.
3. The tri is open water, and I will only have access to a pool until the week before the race, since the lake doesn't open until Memorial Day.
4. My classes will be back in full swing two weeks before the race, which knowing me is going to crunch my training.
5. My Swim suit is from the 80s and is cheesy.(see below)
Now, am I crazy? or am I crazy?
I swam last night for the first time in a long time. I finished a whole mile. Holy balls kids, that was rough-but I lived through it. Which I am pleased to report, that if I wasn't able to swim last night I was going to consider pulling out of the whole bag. Since it went well, I am in. I am doing this. I can learn to ride a bike.
I had a poopie day yesterday, so I bought myself a little treat: ipod shuffle. I am so sick of trying to figure out what to do with my other ipod, I wanted something I could just clip and go!
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC PLAYER DO YOU USE?
WHEN YOU ARE UPSET WHAT DO YOU DO TO CHEER YOURSELF UP?